Castle View School, Canvey Island, Essex
The opportunity to prepare for, and participate in, a real world mock interview is a truly invaluable experience for any young person. Essex Work Skills will work with you to create a structured, yet bespoke, programme that concludes with a 30 minute mock interview with an industry and/or business specialist.
In 2013, EWS staff worked in partnership with colleagues at Castle View School in Canvey Island to ensure that their students participated in an interview with a specialist from one of their preferred career paths. EWS used their extensive and growing network of volunteers to ensure that the students had a high-quality and supportive experience that provided each of them with independent advice and guidance.
Main Objectives were:
- To provide each student in year 10 with opportunity to consider their own realistic employment options
- To provide each student with expert tuition and guidance in completing an application form
- To provide each student with a 30 minute Mock Interview with a specialist interviewer from a career/industry sector that was related to one of the student’s preferred career preferences
- Introductory Assembly presented by member of the EWS team
- Information and instructions on How To Trade Commodities
- Each student provided with a specially designed application form
- Each student met with an experienced specialist for 30 minutes
- Each student received verbal and written feedback
- Each student had opportunity to consider their employment future
- Each student received independent advice and guidance
- Each student given opportunity to evaluate their own personal experience
- 99% satisfaction rating from students